February is a month of love
Enjoy this recipe for Chocolate Cherry Heart Shaped Scones:
3 cups of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
3/4 cup of butter, softened
1 cup of butter milk or whole milk
1/2 cup of dried cherries
1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips
1 egg, beaten, or 1 Tablespoon of heavy cream
- Preheat the over for 400 F
- Mix the first four ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the softened butter to the flour mixture and combine thoroughly
- Add the milk, chocolate chips, and cherries and mix gently until just incorporated.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and press into 1/2 inch slab.
- Cut out scones using a heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Place scones on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with beaten egg or heavy cream.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
February Drink Special
You are not going to want to miss out on our drink special this month: Raspberry Mocha!
It’s rich. It’s decadent. It’s oh, so delicious!
Get in here! We’ll have one waiting for you!